Here are some of our highlights from the past two weeks:
- We met our fourth grade buddies for the first time! Our fourth grade buddies are in Mrs. Pierce's class and we have had two opportunities to spend time with them so far. The big buddies put a lot of thought into setting up activities to do with their little buddies. They might read or draw together, some of our buddies have been teaching us how to make paper airplanes! This is a favorite part of our Fridays!
- We had our first costume day celebration. It was so much fun to see students dress up for this day. We had a variety of characters in our class including superheroes, vampires, a mermaid, a princess, and two little red riding hoods!
- We have been busy with many projects. There have been projects about the butterfly life cycle and projects featuring favorite books characters. We can't wait to show off our work at this Thursday's Open House! (September 24th from 6:15-7:15)
- We continue to share at our closing meeting time. Everyday we end by having a closing meeting. During this time we share our rose, bud, and thorn. A rose is something great that has happened that day, a bud is something we are looking forward to, and a thorn is something not so great that happened. Our creative class has added a few more items to the list including a seed (something we are worried about), a question bud (something we are wondering about), and a sunflower seed (something we wish would happen RIGHT NOW!). It is always a highlight of my day to hear from the kids about how their day went.
- We are VERY excited for two upcoming events. Our first ECO class this Friday (September 25) and our first field trip to Adam's Apple Orchard (Monday, September 28). Everyday we count down to these exciting days and talk about how much fun we are going to have learning on these days.
Time With Buddies
|Superheroes and storm troopers work up a appetite!|
|Batman's serious even at snack time.|
|Swinging with a flower and a mermaid.|
|Little Red Riding Hood #1 enjoys a good book.|
|Little Red Riding Hood #2 goes to the hoop!|
|Elsa and a fairy princess.|
|Superheroes, stormtroopers, and little red riding hoods unite!|
|We found a grasshopper and followed him as he hopped around the playground.|